Man-United-stars-wife-complains-UK-too-cold-for-kids-to-play-after-taking-down-Sh27-million-playground
Manchester United goalkeeper Sergio Romero [COURTESY]

The wife of Manchester United star Sergio Romero says their children cannot play in their garden because it’s too cold in the UK.

Eliano Guercio and her goalkeeper hubby were last month ordered to tear down a £20,000 playground at their home.

It boasts a 12ft-high castle and a 10ft slide and neighbours branded it a “theme park”.

But Eliano says their three young daughters rarely use it because it is too cold.

She told Argentinian magazine Cara: “Where we put up the playground is part of our house, I don’t understand why the neighbours got annoyed.

“After 4pm, it’s already cold, so the girls don’t go out in the garden.”

Get the latest sports news updates. Subscribe to our SMS sports service by texting ‘SPORTS’ to 22840.

Eliana, 43, added: “You can’t see the playground from the street as it’s hidden by a line of trees.

Man-United-stars-wife-complains-UK-too-cold-for-kids-to-play-after-taking-down-Sh27-million-playground
says their children cannot play in their garden because it’s too cold in the UK [COURTESY]

“The playground is still up. They’ve asked us to take it down but we’ve appealed.”

The couple, from Argentina, live in a £2.8million home in Wilmslow, Cheshire.

Legendary Man Utd boss Sir Alex Ferguson lives close by to Romero in the area in Wilmslow, though he is not one of those who have complained.

The playhouse has been up in Romero’s garden for more than a year, and a council inspector has since ruled that it ‘impacts the neighbourhood’.

Romero has been at United since 2015, though he has largely played understudy to regular no.1 David de Gea during that time.

Meanwhile, United stars were involved in a Covid-19 near miss after a visiting Stoke City official – later confirmed to be manager Michael O’Neill – tested positive before a practice game at Carrington.

The planned match was immediately abandoned with Ole Gunnar Solskjaer’s stars including Paul Pogba, Marcus Rashford and Bruno Fernandes locked down in another part of the AON training complex unaware of the unfolding drama.

A United spokesperson insisted none of their stars came into contact with any of the Stoke players, who immediately had to leave the site.

United are due to resume their Premier League campaign with a visit to Tottenham Hotspur on June 19.

 

For More of This and Other Sports Stories Subscribe to the Standard Epaper

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here