Gor Mahia’s Dennis Ng’ang’a (L) battles for the ball with Ulinzi Star’s Masita Musuta during yesterday’s FKF PL match at Thika Stadium. [Stafford Ondego, Standard]

Gor Mahia moved top of the FKF Premier League table yesterday despite their 0-0 draw against Ulinzi Stars at Thika Stadium.

The stalemate saw K’Ogalo maintain their unbeaten run and consequently open a one point gap over joint-second placed Bandari and Kakamega Homeboyz (12 points).

On the other hand, Ulinzi are now fourth on the log with 11 points.

Heading into the match, Gor were enjoying a 100 percent win record after four matches. The record Kenyan champions defeated KCB (2-1), AFC Leopards (1-0), Kariobangi Sharks (2-0) and Sofapaka (1-0) respectively.

At Kasarani Stadium, defending champions Tusker registered their second win of the campaign in the league after edging Kenya Police 2-1.

Ibrahim Joshua and Shami Kibwana scored as the brewers rallied from a goal down to beat the law enforcers.

The champions had a very poor start to the 2021/2022 FKF Premier League season despite breaking the bank to sign 10-new players.

The brewers lost 1-0 and 2-1 to AFC Leopards and newbies Talanta in their opening two fixtures.

The Robert Matano-led side however bounced back from their disappointing start to the season with a 2-0 victory over Wazito last Saturday before silencing Police.

With the win, Tusker are now 10th in the log with six points but with a game in hand.

In the match, Police took an early lead in the first minute when new signing Clifton Miheso’s great delivery from the corner found Samuel Ndungu unmarked in the area with the latter slotting hom.

However, the lead lasted only for four minutes as Tanzanian striker Ibrahim Joshua cancelled it out in the fifth minute with a neat finish inside the box.

Five minutes to the break, another new signing in Shami Kibwana got his name on the scoresheet in what turned out to be the eventual match-winner.


Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here