Onkar Rai and his British co-driver Drew Sturrock got off his best possible start as the 2021 ARC Equator Rally by clocking the fastest time in the pre-event qualifying stage.
Driving a VW Polo R5, the Kabras Sugar Racing speed merchant set the best time of 4m15.2 over the 5.40 km Loldia stretch.
Loldia formed the highlight of Friday’s programme, which revved off with the early morning free practice and preceded by shakedown and later ceremonial start.
Rising star Karan Patel was second fastest in his Ford Fiesta R5.
QUALIFYING STAGE RESULTS
1. Onkar Rai (KEN) (VW Polo R5) 4m15s.2
2. Karan Patel (KEN (Ford Fiesta R5) 4m19s.6
3. Carl Tundo (KEN) (VW Polo R5) 4m 23s.3
4. Guy Botterill (RSA) (Toyota Etios R5) 4m 28.2
5. Tejveer Rai (KEN) (VW Polo R5) 4m 43s.5
Take a survey